This morning we checked out a 7500 sq foot playspace in a Pearl District warehouse with several of our Sellwood friends (quite a change to actually get into our cars instead of walking to our usual neighborhood haunts). The kids had a blast, and in true Portland style parents could have just as much fun thanks to the selection of Stumptown coffee and local beers and wines.
What a fun day this looks like! We've often thought a concept like this would be the way to go: some sort of enclosure (ha!) for the kiddos, bevvies for the grownups...fun for the whole family! Wish we were closer. :-(
ReplyDeleteAs proof of our demented minds, Amy's and my only thoughts when we read about that place in the paper was..."ugh. what a total germfest." :) Hope sweet D. proves us wrong with excellent health! We've probably had less fun and E. is still getting over both pinkeye and walking pneumonia!
ReplyDeleteDiane- there are so many days I wish you were closer (especially when I'm at book club)!
ReplyDeleteK- hope E is feeling better. Despite weekly trips to OMSI, at least two mornings a week at the community center, and frequent outings like this one, she hasn't even had a cold this winter. We've been really lucky (and I am reminded of that every time I see the constantly running noses on her friends at playdates)! And we're especially keeping our fingers crossed against the stomach flu- that sounds awful.